Competent oral health care involves the regular use of various methods, the list of which is not limited to just cleaning with a brush and paste. Daily eating, smoking, and abuse of bad habits are the reasons for the formation of plaque, which eventually turns into solid deposits.
Which, with prolonged development, can lead to a pathological condition. The processes of mineralization of trace elements cause the formation of a stony structure, which will require the help of a professional dentist to get rid of. How is tartar removed, how do soften and dissolve growths before cleaning, and can they be removed on teeth at home? Let’s figure it out.
The gradual accumulation of plaque on the surface of the enamel coating, consisting of bacteria and microscopic food particles, is comparable to the formation of a thin sticky film, which serves as an excellent basis for further volume building. The areas most susceptible to such processes are the inner side of the incisors and canines, as well as the occlusal plane of the upper chewing units.
Irregular hygiene procedures and the lack of timely medical diagnosis are factors, the combination of which leads to the development of the inflammatory process and periodontitis, against which the elements of the row are loosened, damaged, and may even fall out under the influence of a significant load.
Before removing the stone from the teeth at home – or with the help of dental treatment – it is necessary to undergo a comprehensive diagnosis, during which not only the degree of damage is determined, but also the accompanying negative circumstances that contributed to the pathological condition.
Reasons for the appearance
In addition to the factors already mentioned, stony deposits can also form due to:
- Regular smoking – nicotine particles settle on the enamel, especially in hard-to-reach places that cannot be cleaned normally.
- Excessive presence in the diet of foods, dishes, and drinks with high sugar content.
- Cravings for food and drink contain aggressive pigmenting components, primarily coffee, tea, and soda.
- Violations of occlusal closure against the background of abnormal bite development, due to which food processing is not thorough enough.
- Chronic pathologies, the result of which is a violation of the natural balance of the microflora of the oral cavity.
- Wrong choice of toothpaste and stiffness of the bristles of the brush.
- Insufficient consumption of fresh vegetables and fruits, including those with a solid structure.
The results of the preliminary examination are taken into account when drawing up a therapeutic treatment plan. In some cases, you may need not only professional cleaning but also additional orthodontic correction.
Types of pathology
In accordance with the classification, the following forms of manifestation of the pathological condition are distinguished:
- Loose supragingival – characterized by the formation of a yellowish plaque, consisting of calcium salts and waste products of bacteria.
- Solid – is diagnosed when deposits of a brown hue are detected, firmly fixed on the enamel, and difficult to remove.
- Subgingival – the formation of tartar, which is usually impossible to get rid of by cleaning at home, since the main volume is localized in the cervical area closed by gum tissue.
How Clinical Processing Is Carried Out
The methods used in Dentika dental centers involve the use of special equipment, the functional task of which is to safely destroy the stony structure. The choice of a specific procedure depends on the indications of preliminary diagnostics and takes into account the wishes of patients. Consider the main options, the effectiveness of which has been repeatedly confirmed by the practice of application.