INTESTINAL DISCOMFORT: CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS
Intestinal discomfort is a complicated subject to discuss. However, functional digestive disorders affect 15% to 20% of French people according to the French National Society of Gastro-Enterology. Discover the causes of these intestinal inconveniences and especially what are the quick and effective solutions to overcome them.
The intestinal discomforts are very varied but have in common to affect the quality of life because of bothersome manifest symptoms. Due to feelings of embarrassment or shame, those affected tend to limit their social interactions and withdraw into themselves. To act on intestinal disorders and no longer see your quality of life ruined, the first good reflex to adopt is to respect a few rules in terms of food, diet, and lifestyle.
How does intestinal discomfort manifest?
Embarrassing, unpleasant, and sometimes even painful, intestinal disorders take different forms:
- bloating or a swollen belly due to the accumulation of intestinal gas,
- aerophagia with burping and gas,
- stomach aches,
- abdominal pain,
- nausea and vomiting,
- spasms, cramps, or burning sensation in the esophagus, stomach, or intestine…
According to the French National Society of Gastro-Enterology, functional digestive disorders affect 15% to 20% of French people. Another study, conducted in 2017 by Statista (1), reveals that one in two French people would be affected by at least one recurring digestive disorder.
Why do intestinal discomforts impact the quality of life?
Intestinal discomfort can be inconvenient to live with daily and lead to truly embarrassing situations. A 2018 Ifop survey (2) indicates that people affected by a digestive disorder have already had to slip away during a meeting with friends or family (41%), leave a professional meeting (16%), or face the gaze of those around you because of apparent intestinal disorders.
Intestinal discomfort can therefore affect the quality of life and have repercussions on social life, both private and professional. To avoid awkward situations, some people reduce their contact and withdraw into themselves. Fortunately, it is possible to eliminate or at least reduce certain disorders by adapting your diet and with the help of food supplements.
What are the causes of bloating and flatulence?
Certain pathologies can be the cause of intestinal discomfort. But the causes are more to be found on the side of food intolerance or allergy, the taking of certain medications (antibiotics, anti-inflammatories), and more generally our modern way of life.
Indeed, our way of life favors the appearance of intestinal disorders due to:
- stress and anxiety,
- insufficient sports practice,
- too little water consumption,
- poor diet and eating too quickly.
Are there rules to follow to reduce intestinal discomfort?
A few good lifestyle habits can reduce intestinal discomfort. It is therefore advisable to:
- eat your 3 meals a day at a regular time,
- eat slowly and calmly, taking the time to chew well,
- listen to your body to identify the feeling of satiety and avoid eating too much or not eating enough,
- do not drink during the meal,
- avoiding high-fat meals, alcohol, carbonated drinks, and coffee,
- do not go to bed after meals so as not to disturb digestion,
- drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day.
On the food side, abandon refined, processed, and industrial products to favor seasonal fruits and vegetables. Also, remember to adapt your plate according to your situation:
- choose foods rich in fiber in case of constipation,
- avoid foods that ferment, such as cabbage, artichokes, and white beans, but also chewing gum and soft drinks in case of bloating.
Regular physical activity is also beneficial for transit and the level of stress. A simple daily 30-minute walk will have several positive impacts with reduced anxiety, improved sleep quality, appetite regulation, and stimulation of intestinal transit.
What are the natural solutions to reduce intestinal disorders?
Some natural solutions can be a quick remedy for intestinal discomfort. Be careful, however, if the problems persist, it is essential to consult a doctor.
Some well-known active ingredients can help you soothe digestive and intestinal disorders:
- vegetable activated carbon,
- blond psyllium,
- essential oil of peppermint, lemon, or basil,
- probiotics, _
- peppermint, verbena, and fennel herbal teas.
What are the benefits of the BACTIVIT COMFORT food supplement?
The BACTIVIT CONFORT food supplement from Laboratoire Lescuyer contributes to the balance of the intestinal flora.
ACTIVE COMFORT is a unique combination of probiotic strains and complex fibers:
- 4 specific probiotic strains or lactic ferments: Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus helveticus,
- Prebiotics, (fructooligosaccharides / FOS): these fibers naturally present in fruits, whole grains, and vegetables “feed” your flora.
Is the effectiveness of BACTIVIT COMFORT in improving intestinal comfort proven?
As part of our scientific approach, we wanted to assess the effectiveness of BACTIVIT COMFORT on intestinal comfort. The results of this scientific study*, carried out by an independent institute, demonstrated the beneficial effects of our food supplement.
The study has scientifically demonstrated the effectiveness and reveals that after 2 months of supplementation:
- 77% of users say they are satisfied with the BACTIVIT COMFORT food supplement,
- 72% say they are satisfactorily relieved of their intestinal discomfort,
- 77% said they were satisfied with the reduction in their bloating,
- 76% say they are satisfied with the improvement in their slowed transit.