TOP 5 supplements for the brain. Pump your brain to the max
Previously, drugs that improve the functioning of the brain, for obvious reasons, were interested in students and the elderly. Today, when so many covid-19 survivors complain about a severe drop in cognitive functions, almost everyone is interested in brain supplements with nootropic properties. We offer TOP-5 sports nutrition supplements sold in the Belok.ua online store, which are useful not only for body physics, but also for the brain, and also improve the psycho-emotional state and mood.
What supplements to take to improve brain function: TOP5
V place – Amino acids
The following amino acids are in the 5th position of the ranking :
- Beta-alanine. Reduces the level of fear when processing emotional memories. Protects against post-traumatic stress disorder. Reduces irritability, and removes apathy. Improves the plasticity of the brain in response to external influences. Alanine increases psychological stability, helping to keep the body and emotions under the control of the mind.
- Creatine. Allows more intensive use of the brain for a longer time. Creatine increases oxygen consumption by brain cells, which reduces mental fatigue, increases the productivity of mental performance, and reduces its dependence on the time of day.
- L-arginine and its precursor L-citrulline. Improve memory and speed up visual analysis. Promote the synthesis of serotonin. The joint intake of arginine or citrulline with lysine reduces the level of anxiety and helps to more easily endure the effects of stress, shock, or emotional overstrain.
- L-carnitine (B11). Stimulates brain activity. Improves the transmission of nerve impulses in the central nervous system. Necessary for the formation of ketone bodies, which are the “fuel” for the brain.
- L-lecithin (B4). The brain is especially needed, since they consist of 30% of it, and the myelin sheaths of neuronal axons contain 70% of lecithin phospholipids. Lecithin increases psycho-emotional stability and cognitive abilities. It will help in the prevention of nervous stress and brain exhaustion. Good for reducing the effects of stress.
- Taurine. It is part of drugs against burnout syndrome, nervous breakdowns, and sleep disorders. Accelerates the regeneration of gray and white medulla, which is needed for the synthesis of cells located in the memory zone. Taurine increases brain levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), our top 5 brain supplement.
IV place — Omega-3
The deficiency of the main substances contained in fish oil causes cognitive decline and mood instability at any age. The systemic use of the Omega-3 fatty acid complex helps:
- restore neurons, being the basis of the myelin sheaths of axons;
- connections between neurons and between them and glial cells of the brain;
- improve indicators of short-term, operational, and verbal-logical memory;
- restore concentration, stability, volume, and switchability of attention;
- maintain volume and delay brain aging;
- normalize the psycho-emotional state with its mild disorders, stimulating the production of serotonin.
For better absorption and increased effectiveness of the effects, the Omega-3 supplement is recommended to be drunk together with taurine and/or vitamin E. But to overcome depression, including post-COVID, along with Omega-3, you need to take an antidepressant.
Bronze medal – Caffeine
Today, the health risks of coffee have been debunked by many studies, but a tasty and healthy drink contains a different and not always reliable amount of caffeine, so it is better to take it in the form of an easily dosed supplement to stimulate brain activity. Caffeine improves memory and increases attention, concentration and vigilance. However, it should be remembered that unlike all the other brain supplements presented in this ranking, caffeine is an immediate and short-term neurotropic stimulant.
Silver – Ginkgo Biloba
The extract from the leaves of the Ginkgo Biloba tree, which has been used as a medicine for about 4,000 years, has proven its positive effect on the brain with time and excellent results. The minimum 3-month course of admission is a guarantee:
- improvement of the cerebral circulation and cognitive abilities
- removal of post-traumatic cerebral edema
- getting rid of headaches resulting from a concussion, concussion, or injury
- prevention of seasonal depression
- decrease in strength (disappearance) of anxiety-depressive disorder, panic attacks
- maintaining calm before important life events
- prolongation of the youth of the brain
- improving sleep performance
Separately, we draw attention to the fact that, unlike all other supplements, preparations and supplements with Ginkgo Biloba extract have a positive effect even on the healthy brain of young people, increasing their level of cognitive abilities.
Champion gold – GABA (GABA)
Gamma-aminobutyric (gamma-aminobutyric) acid is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter of the CNS, affecting motor and emotional control. A GABA supplement also:
- has a relaxing effect on the brain during stress;
- relieves anxiety;
- helps to increase and increase the duration of concentration;
- improves (restores) indicators of long-term memory – accelerates and facilitates the process of remembering, improves the formation of procedural muscle memory of movements, and synoptic, episodic.
- increases the decreased cognitive functions of the brain in elderly and middle-aged people;
- protects brain cells from diabetic encephalopathy in type 2 diabetes and from degenerative changes in trauma, ischemia, or toxic damage;
- increases the total duration of all 4 stages of non-REM sleep, which is responsible for the restoration of energy costs and the consolidation of declarative long-term memories.
To improve the absorption and action of GABA, it is recommended to drink taurine and vitamin B6 with it. You can improve the sensitivity of GABA receptors with the addition of 5-HTP and a complex of minerals with magnesium and zinc.
And in conclusion, we would like to clarify that all bio-additives sold in the Belok.ua online sports nutrition store, including those included in the TOP-5 supplements for the brain, are of the highest quality original products from well-known global manufacturers, which, thanks to official representation and direct supply contracts sold at the lowest prices.